Friday, August 22, 2008

Great Story

I love this story from the book “Crazy Love” by Francis Chan.

He tells the story of a 14 yr. old girl named Brooke Bronkowski, who started a bible study on her school campus while in junior high. She would save her lunch money to buy bibles for the kids who did not have any. When she was 12 yrs. old she penned these words.

“I’ll live my life to the fullest. I’ll be happy. I’ll brighten up. I will be more joyful than I have ever been. I will been kind to others. I will loosen up. I will tell others about Christ . I will go on adventures and change the world. I will be bold and not change who I really am. I will have no troubles but instead I will help others with their troubles.

You see, I’ll be one of those people who live to be history makers at a young age. Oh, I’ll have moments, good and bad, but I’ll wipe away the bad and only remember the good. In fact that’s all I remember, just good moments, nothing in between, just living my life to it’s fullest. I’ll be one of those people who goes somewhere with a mission, an awesome plan, a world changing plan, and nothing will hold me back. I’ll set an example for others, I will pray for direction.

I have my life before me. I will give others the joy I have and God will give me more joy. I will do everything God tells me to do. I will follow the footsteps of God. I will do my best!!”

While a freshman in high school, at the age of 14, she was killed in an automobile accident.
Aprox. 1,500 people showed up for the memorial service in which all spoke of her example and joy. Many read poems that she had written about her love for God. The gospel invitation was given and over 200 kids came forward to give their lives to Christ. Afterward the ushers passed out bibles that Brooke had bought to share with her unsaved friends.

The question I ask myself is, what kind of influence am I having on those around me?

No comments: