Friday, March 04, 2011

Odds and Ends

Here are a few things (web sites, books, movies etc.) that I have enjoyed so far this year, and thought I would recommend them to you.

2 great movies I have watched this year: "Inception"- w/ DeCaprio it is about getting inside a persons dreams. This is a good movie with good special effects. I wish I had seen it at the theatres.
"The Social Network"- Great movie about 'Facebook'. Alot better than what I thought it would be and I will watch it again.

Favorite book: "Nudge" by Leonard Sweet. It is about nudging people toward God instead of pushing them. It is about using your senses to discern where God is and how He is moving in other peoples lives. (I hope to share some quotes from the book in a few weeks)

A helpful website for checking out non-profits and charity organizations that you may be interested in giving to is  http://www.charitynavigator.org/   I like it because it tells you how much money goes to the actual cause or need and how much goes toward fund-raising and the CEO etc. Some groups I will not give to nor endorse because their CEO makes too much for my liking (eg. Franklin Graham of 'Samaritans Purse' is paid over a half million dollars salary per year)

Another website/tool I have just discovered is http://www.evernote.com/  It is a place to store notes, pictures etc. etc. I have not yet discovered how to use everything, but so far it is great.

No comments: