Code of Conduct for Men in the 21st Century
1. I REJECT unconditionally all violence against women and children.
2. I REJECT the buying of sex with women and children.
3. I WILL intervene when I see a man beating a woman.
4. I WILL NOT beat my wife or partner.
5. I WILL INTERVENE when my male colleagues, friends, or family belittle or degrade women.
6. I RECOGNISE prostitution as harmful to women and will do everything I can to see the end of it.
7. I REJECT the buying of pornography, recognizing it as sexual exploitation.
8. I WILL NOT BUY products that advertise by exploiting women’s bodies when it has nothing at all to do with the
9. I WILL NOT visit clubs and bars that exploit women through ‘exotic’ dancing.
10. I WILL NOT BUY newspapers and magazines that advertise sexual services.
11. I REJECT all forms of sexual harassment, including wolf whistling, sexual insinuations, and unauthorized physical contact.
12. I WILL INTERVENE when my male colleagues, friends, or family engage in sexual harassment.
13. I WILL RESPECT my female colleagues and partners as equals.
14. I RECOGNISE decision-making at home is about equality and partnership.
15. I WILL ENCOURAGE other men to adopt and live by this code, including teaching it to my children
Found at http://miketodd.typepad.com/waving_or_drowning/2009/08/code-of-conduct-for-men-in-the-21st-century.html
Authored by: Brian Iselin, 2009
Alabaster Jar e.V.